Sunday, October 27, 2013

Tropea / Italy - "Piccola Università Italiana"

Learning Italian at the "Piccola Università Italiana" in Tropea /Calabria.

general view of Tropea

















The scenery of the ancient town, the temperatures of the south in October, the  water clear as glass and the sandy beach have tempted me immediately. So it was  possible to combine 
my wishes for light and for warmth with my wish to learn and practice the Italien language again a bit more. My level would be like B1-B2 and I have much to improve.

The school is situated in the historical center of Tropea and, looking from the outside, the school is actually "piccola".
From the inside instead the school is - not like many other language schools in Italy - very much maintained and recording the facilities very modern and well equipped.
The school teachers are very friendly and during the school hours always ready to follow wishes of the students.
Unfortunately the school closes from November to March and as I happened to be one of the latest students in the year I immediately realized in the school and in the town that everything was closing down and everybody prepared for the wintertime.
The number of the students at school was not anymore very high and the restaurants began to close down also.
This fact was very sad because I have chosen a small B&B hotel - the Villa Giada - which was situated right on the beach and I also had immediately my favorite small restaurant just next to the hotel.
Villa Giada
garden of the Villa Giada

exit to the beach


I liked this albergo, the Villa Giada, better than the big **** or ***** hotels with there huge dining halls in which they eat like they get nothing at home.
Unfortunately the school does not provide accommodations in family's, but you can rent apartments from the school, I preferred to look  for accommendation by myself. 

During the last weeks of school in the year it might happen that you sit alone or only with one other person in class. Normally this should be an advantage, but in this school and in this case there exists the rule, that your school hour counts double, although you had paid for two.
For me - ad this time of year - this was the sadest aspect of this school, something I have never found in another Italian language school which I visited.
But the school in Tropea has a "sister-school" in Trieste, probably there are more studenti, ma il tempo è eventualmente più brutto.

The surroundings  ist very pictureque and the prices in restaurants "fall to there bottom" the more you drive inside of the country.

antipasti alla calabrese

clear water and white sand

1 comment:

  1. Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
    you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is great, let alone the content!


    My web-siteat police officer handcuffs

    ReplyDelete