Thursday, December 5, 2013

Germany - some ideas for presents

Sometimes I have thought, that for me feeling it could be always the "time to make a gift" because I did not want to be a simple follower of the consumer society, which tells you when 


you have to make gifts to your loved-ones.
But this was and it is not so easy.
Anyway here are some of my ideas for (small) presents.


1) One hour in the flight simulator of the Deutsche Lufthansa in Frankfurt/Main, which are as well used for the professional training of the pilots.
I can recommed this from an experience, which I had by myself, as my daughter let me play pilot and I enjoyed it very much.



www.lufthansa.com

2) for the Christmas season it is always a nice gift, a  Herrnhuter star from the Herrnhuter community in Saxony/Germany.


http://www.regionen.sachsen.de
3) tibetan bowls - silver plated or brass -
In such elaborated bowls Tibetans and Nepales, who believe in there Gods,  bring small gifts every day.
You can put there dryed flowers, smal, swimming lights or lipsticks etc.
Every bowl is made by the people of Nawari from the Kathmandu-valley in Nepal and on each you find engraved the eight Buddhistic signs of affluence and luck.



to order at www.happinez.de



4) a voucher for a weekend in castle-hotel, for example in Chateaux Bellecroix in Chagny in Burgund. 
I recommend that you order a romm in the annexe house which was  a caste of the Templers in former times.

Chateaux Bellecroix in Chagny / Burgund




5) boule-balls like thy use them in France




6) a card game from Hermès



7) a antic seeming frame for pictures

rechter Rahmen von Cavallini & Co San Francisc

8) a "Flachmann", a small bottle to take with you in your pocket in winterly cold days

www.wohlgeraten.de

9) figures and pictures made out of tin

www.kuehn-zinn.de
10) a small chess game for travelling

bei www.chesspoint.ch

No comments:

Post a Comment